14. syyskuuta 2015

Weekend at work. 13.9.2015

So, I spend last weekend at work and because we had slow days, I had time to look around. Not much birds this time, one Lapland Bunting though! Some movement with Barnacle Geese, but those are only local birds flying around. One Chiffchaff had really active weekend and it sang all day long. Yes, unfortunately it was the common one, not one of those eastern "tristis" race guys.
Because there was not enough birds, I spend times with insects. Peacock Butterflies, Common Brimstones, Painted Lady and Red Admiral represents the butterfly section.

Common Brimstone.

Peacock Butterfly.

Beautiful stuff!

Later I noticed also some Dragonflies. First three were only Vagrant Darters, but then I noticed some larger individual. I tried to relocate it many times, but no luck. During the search I found other species of Darter, and this time it was female Black Darter. (Correct me if I´m wrong)
Later Sunday afternoon I finally found the larger guy and it turned out to be female Migrant Hawker!

Black Darter female.

Migrant Hawker female.

This smart looking dragonfly was new for me in Finland and I was happy! Later I realized that the other large dragonfly I found first was way bigger than this, so there was at least two species of Hawkers around.
Later evening after work I picked up Sanni from home, we drove to Espoo and successfully twitched Richard´s Pipit from Lommila. Nice ending for good day!

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti