18. maaliskuuta 2019

Carrion Crow. 18.3.2019

I was doing something with my kids this morning when I noticed an alarm message of Carrion Crow near by our house. I had some grocery plans anyway, so I took Vilma with me and together we twitched the Crow.

Carrion Crow does not have full species status here in Finland, but it might have it later, so it was important to see this bird. Vilma was more into playing and swimming in mud, but she is three years old, so I let her do it..
We have some Carrion Crows annually in Finland, but it has been very rare in the Capital area.

Viikki was full of birds, over a hundred Canada Geese, few Barnacles, some Greylag Geese and lots of other migrants. Some birds worth to mention were Wood Lark, White-tailed Eagle, Goshawk and Rough-legged Buzzard. Tens of Skylarks, Lapwings etc made this morning feel like spring, even thought it was raining almost constantly.

Carrion Crow.

Carrion Crow.

In Flight. 

Poor record shot of Lapwing.

It was nice to go out again and it seems that I have to go there more often now, cause spring birds are arriving in big numbers. Tomorrow rains but let´s see later this week.

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti