13. syyskuuta 2019

Early autumn summerhouse trip. 7.9-8.9.2019

Last weekend we had pleasant two full days at our Loviisa summerhouse. This time we got windy and even a bit rainy weather, so not much birding activity, but I had few nice sightings.
On our way I stopped at Gammalby area where I had nice flock of 17 Honey Buzzards. Bigger flock was about 14 birds and the area hosted also six Kestrels, two Common Buzzards and lone Marsh Harrier. Clearly there was active raptor migration going that moment. I was hoping to see Red-footed Falcon from that place, but no luck this time.

Phone scope picture of Common Buzzard and Kestrel. 

At the summerhouse I didn´t have much time to look around cause our kids are quite active and especially Julius is running everywhere and need constant watch. He also ran into the sea... Thank god we have sandy beach which is perfect with kids! Wet clothes were only damage.
Beautiful sunset impressed Vilma so much that she made little dance.

Sunset. 

At the evening I watched moths coming to our terrace and I got pretty impressive collection of new ones for me. nice bird record was also singing Tawny Owl quite far, but still it was easy to hear from the patio.

Staurophora Celsia

Staurophora Celsia.

Hypomeis Roboraria.

Chloroclysta Siterata.

Colotois Pennaria.

Xestia C-nigrum

Ennomos Alniarius.

Thera Firmata.


On 8th we just hanged around the area and I had few nice birds including migrating Two-barred Crossbill and Red-breasted Flycatcher. I took only few pics of Vagrant Darter dragonfly and played with my kids. After dinner we left back home.

Vagrant Darter, Sympetrum Vulgatum. 


Thanks to my Father and Sari for hosting us. Always a pleasure to visit!
After the weekend I started my work again and now there is almost too much work to do and I have promised to do some shifts in three different places. Wish me luck.


-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti