17. kesäkuuta 2020

Last weekend. 12.6-14.6.2020

It is already Wednesday and my blog is waiting me to write something.. So busy at work and then with kids later every day.
Anyway last Friday I had early release from work and I went to look Common Kingfisher from Pitkäkoski in Helsinki. There was a record from that same day, and I was full of child-like optimism for finding that bird again!
Place was so beautiful, but full of people and small boats in the river.. That didn't make my task any easier.
Common cuckoo was singing, I found Marsh Warbler and other common birds.
I walked along the river, but no luck with the kingfisher, of course. At some point I found few Banded Demoiselle dragonflies and one bigger dragonfly, but it went too quickly for Id.
Along the river was also beautiful old forest area and from there I had at least two singing Wrens, many Robins, few calls of Crossbills and many other singing birds. Three Common Sandpipers along the river too. Here is few pics from there.

Forest floor was super green that day.

Woods.

Pitkäkoski area.
Male Banded Demoiselle.

Female Banded Demoiselle. 


On Sunday I had nice beach visit with my kids and family of my friend Tyron. Kids were playing and I was watching Julius not to drowning himself into the water...
Earlier same day came an alarm of Booted Warbler from Vuosaari, where we already were.

With kids I made possibly one of the most painful twitch ever.. Both were cranky and wanted to run everywhere. For few minutes I got everything steady and luckily I saw the bird briefly in tall vegetation. It gave me about 6 seconds to see it, but it was enough! I might have a picture of the bird, see later.

Anyway all the important features were seen by me and at least one other birder, so I was happy.
Later bird was singing nicely and many people saw it better than me.

Possibly the Booted Warbler. Great photo... 

Vuosaari Hill.
Especially for Julius this was the highlight of the trip! 

Booted Warbler is very rare in Helsinki and this was only ninth record since 1990 and my seconds after bird in Malmi last year.

This week is soon over and my summer holiday finally starts tomorrow! Almost a month off makes me super happy. We are also going to two different summerhouses in one week, which is great fun too.
I will write posts from both places, so more birds and possibly more butterflies etc. coming soon.

Happy midsummer folks and stay safe!

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti