14. marraskuuta 2021

Flycatcher species 14.11.2021

 During the week I have noticed that there has been Spotted Flycatcher in Lauttasaari, Helsinki Daily we have had alarm messages of it and yesterday I was actually thinking that damn, that is one late flycatcher, so maybe I have to go and take a look of it. 

Today was slow, I was at the playground with my kids when I got a message "possibly new species for Finland, Mediterranean Flycatcher, Lauttasaari, possibly this species etc..." Say no more, I managed to talk my kids with me and soon we were driving towards the place. 

Finally at 13.40 we arrived to the site and bird was very easy to see. It came very close to the people and people got nice photos. 

Bird indeed looks very brown, breast has only little stripes and something was wrong when I was thinking about normal Spotted Flycatcher. I have seen Tyrrhenica-birds in Sardinia, even though didn´t really look those birds with "that eye", but still I remember that there birds looked a bit bigger and longer than our flycatchers. Who knows... 

Anyway, here is few poor pictures of the bird. 

Always good to start with poor flight picture, so people does not expect any better photos later.

Very hard light, sun was shining and it was afternoon. Here the Flycatcher in a tree.

And here too. Can´t really get anything good with that light.

Here we have it on a ground. Brownish feeling.

Here in shade it looked a bit more grayish, but there it really looked brown to me. Who knows.. 

Flycatcher species.

Great bird anyway and always nice to see people. Because it was father´s day today, here is a photo of my dearest of all throwing rocks in the sea. 

Vilma and Julius.

Bird was captured later, so we are now waiting DNA results and maybe a new for Finland. Again, who knows.. 


Best.

Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti