12. heinäkuuta 2016

Laajalahti with stroller. 12.7.2016

Day off in a middle of the week and tired wife who wants to continue her sleep. That sounds like my morning! With my daughter Vilma we went to Laajalahti, which is maybe the best place for nirds in whole Espoo, especially for shore birds!
Sun was shining and wind was quite strong when we arrive to the Villa Elfvik tower. I was hoping that Vilma would sleep a bit and that way I would have time to check the whole area without interference. My plan almost went well. Vilma did not sleep at all and I had to keep her a company, but with all that I was able to see some nice species.
Best bird was definitely Little Tern, which was first seen from Maari tower, other side of the bay and after alarm I saw it from Elfvik tower flying above the maari meadow.
I was happy, because this was my first Little Tern this year and very good stroller tick! Shame the bird did not came my side of the bay. Other goodies for the day were few Dunlins, Caspian Terns and Osprey.
After all I spend only an hour there and two good stroller ticks. Can´t complain. Thanks for the Little Tern guys from Maari tower.

Laajalahti, Espoo.

Crappy photo of Osprey with prey trough my telescope.


Next weekend maybe more birding.

Best.

Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti