17. kesäkuuta 2018

Day trip to Vääksy. 16.6.2018

Yesterday we had nice family trip to visit my mother in law. She lives in Vääksy, Asikkala o we had little bit over an hour drive there. We spend the whole day there walking around, sunbathing on the beach and eating great food she made for us.

This girl was ready for the beach.

Pied Flycatcher.


Most surprising moment was when Vilma was swimming and I noticed a Golden Oriole near the beach. I quickly crabbed the stroller and it was a tick! Golden Oriole is very hard to see these days, at least in my own area.
I also saw a interesting butterfly which I think was a Queen of Spain fritillary, but it was only flying, so no chance to nail it.. Loads of juvenile birds around and their parents carried food for them.

I want my food Wagtail.


When we walked back from the beach I noticed a Broad-bordered Bee Hawk-moth, but it took off so quickly that I didn´t have any chance to get any pictures of it.. Lots of Common Swifts, Pied Flycatchers and other common birds around. Also some singing Bramblings around the house. Few photos from the yard.

Common Scorpionfly female.

Common Blue.

Smoky Wave.

Marbled white spot.


Later we had nice walk around the Vääksy, but nothing really interesting around. Goldeneye chicks, Goosander, Swallows, Great-spotted Woodpecker nest and some singing birds like Garden Warbler and Blackcap. I was surprised that almost zero Dragonflies around the area and I saw only some mid-sized individual flying far a way.

Beautiful Vääksy scenery.

Beautiful Vääksy scenery.


Around seven a clock we started our drive back home and both kids were asleep when we arrived back to Helsinki and home. Great day!



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti