14. heinäkuuta 2018

Midsummer in summerhouse 22.6-24.6.2018

Finally some time to make all the photos and write this short post of our midsummer trip to Loviisa. I have a summer house there from my father side and at least once a year we visit there. Place is beautiful near the ocean and I have seen lots of Dragonflies, Butterflies etc there.

In three days we had amazing food, lots of good times with my father, youngest brother Matias and Sari, my fathers wife. I had few butterfly traps, but those were mo success with wasps and bumblebees! One few Red Admirals and some moths around those. Here is some pictures from that weekend. Weather was windy all weekend, so insect activity was quite low..

Mottled Beauty.

Red Admiral on my butterfly bar. 

Great Oak Beauty

Polypogon Tentacularia.

Some birds too! Here is juvenile Tree Creeper. 

Trichius Fasciatus and Ancistroserus sp. wasp.

Clouded Magpie moth.

Black-tailed Skimmer.

Silver-ground Carpet.

Chimney Sweeper.

Common Bluet.

Shaded Broad-bar.

Normally I´m a birdwatcher, but this time of the year when most of the migration is already stopped and birds are breeding, I just watch what I can. Dragonflies and Butterflies are very interesting groups and there is so much to learn.


-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti