12. tammikuuta 2019

New Year, new birds. 11.1.219

Happy new year folks. The beginning of the year has been busy at work and not too much time for birds or birding lately.. I was out once in late December, but nothing interesting around.
On 11th I took Julius, my 7 months old son with me and we had very nice stroller walk around Maunulanpuro, where normally winters a least one Dipper and other birds.
Sun was shining a bit when we arrived and I started to test my new Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 camera. Of course the birds were hiding in the shadows all day and sun only little it touched the areas where I wanted to take photos.
In first feeder I had nice flock of different Tits. Coal Tit, Willow Tit, loads of Blue and Great Tits. Also around 30 Blackbirds and five Jays. When I counted the Blackbirds I noticed a smaller Thrush and it was revealed as a Song Thrush! What a nice birds in the middle of Winter here. I took distant photos (35m) and when I tried to get closer, it was the first bird who took out... Later I had lone male Chaffinch there too and I was happy.

Song Thrush. 

Chaffinch and Song Thrush.

I checked the stream for Dippers for two times and I found two different birds this time. Always a pleasure to see those! Calling Black Woodpecker and local Great-spotted Woodpecker were nice too. Not too many birds near the stream and basically all the birds I saw were in the feeder area.

Not a quality photo, but notice that fish in Dippers bill. Great action. 

With more light my photos would be awesome, but now I have to show you these...

Dipper. 

I had great time and Julius was sleeping most of the trip, so he gave me a good change to find these birds.
More birding coming and we are moving near the Viikki, which is the place for birdwatching in Helsinki. Stay tuned.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti