19. helmikuuta 2019

Water Rail 17.2.2019

During my day at work I had some spare time and I decided to use it for birds. I checked few places in Eira but no sign of yesterdays Great-grey Owl... I had few Long-tailed Ducks, many Mergansers and Mallards at the Eira shore.
When I was driving back to the place I'v working I remembered that there is Water Rail wintering near by. I parked, walked and noticed bird in the open searching some food. My timing was perfect cause after two minutes the bird was gone and I didn't see it anymore. Here is some photos of the bird.

Water Rail.

Searching for food.

Walking on a log.

Maybe it saw something.

Walking in the water.

Part 2.


Water Rail is quite rare during the winter months, but this bird has been in same little place every winter since 2017.

Awesome bird and always a pleasure to see.

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti