9. tammikuuta 2020

NewYear, new birds. 9.1.2020

Hello, It is already 9th of January and this is my first post for the year.
Not much happened since the last post from 2019, but on 6th I had great opportunity to twitch one of my favorite birds of all time, the Yellow-billed Loon.
Sami Tuomela found this amazing 2cy bird from Lauttaaari and I was stuck at home with my kids. We had plans to go and pick up my wife from work and then have some quality time with Sannis brother and his family. Luckily they live close the place where the bird was hanging, so we had short detour at Hernesaari and then we wen to their place.

We arrived after three pm and it started to be little dark. I took my telescope and ran to the place where I aw few other birders. Thank god the bird was still there and I was able to see it nice from distance. It was diving actively and moved constantly. After I had even one poor photo (see bellow) I ran to my car, picked Julius and stroller but when we arrived again the bird was gone.. It dived and then nobody saw it again before we left.

Anyway I got nice new bird to my Helsinki list and to my local birding society list too. My only record of this species in Finland was from Säppi island back in 2014.
On 7th I had small flock of Two-barred Crossbills from Meilahti where I work and earlier this month I had Eagle Owl from same place.

Nice to have some good birds around Helsinki and I was thinking that I will do some kind of not so hardcore big year in Helsinki and try to see as many species as possible here.
Here is my terrific photo of the Diver...

This photo is even worse than my Great-nothern Diver photo from last year.. Anyway distance was over 500m! 

January is going to be very low in birding cause my wife is working all the weekend and I have the kids. On Saturday I will go and got my new camera Sony RX10 IV, which sholud be very good piece of work.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti