31. tammikuuta 2020

rest of the January 31.1.2020

Finally time to write here... So, a week a go we went to see my mother in law in Asikkala and I had short periods of time to watch some birds there. We walked around Vääksy where normally I have seen Dippers, but not this time. Loads of Mallards in open water spots, but that was basically it. We visited on playground and around that was small flock of Yellowhammers, lone Brambling, some Greater-spotted Woodpeckers and other common birds. I got Jay and Coal Tit to my year list.

On 26th I had time to go and check Salonsaari, near the Vääksy and there I found good numbers of Goldcrests, Greater-spotted Woodpeckers and very mobile and shy Three-toed Woodpecker. Shame that I saw the bird only in flight.. No raptors of any kind in the area and basically without the forest species the place was empty.

Otherwise I have been at work and from there I have had only the most common species like Domestic Sparrow, Tree Sparrow, Greenfinch, Bullfinch etc...

Here is few pictures from last week.

Part of the big flock of Domestic Pigeon in Vääksy center.

Partially leucistic Mallard with others.

Bohemian Waxwings in tree. 


This huge Goshawk was sitting in our yards ladder.

It was already dark and raining when I took this photo. Lots of photoshopping...


February is around the corner and it is normally the wort month for birds, but let´s see. High hopes.

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti