11. heinäkuuta 2020

Last week of vacation 8.7-10.7.2020

My last week of summer vacation has been busy with birds and family time. Wednesday I visited Hakala bird tower in Vanhankaupunginlahti, but in two hours I had very few good birds. Long staying reat White Egret is always nice to see, but that was basically all. Only few Waders around and maybe five Green Sandpipers, lone Ruff and many Common Sandpipers are worth to mention. Migrating Pallid Harrier was seen in Espoo and coming towards East, but I didn´t see it from the tower, so it must have turned to another direction.
From Viikki fields I counted 21 Greylag Goose, 18 Barnacle Goose and some Yellow Wagtails, edge Warblers and small flock of Starlings.

Great White Egret.

I think this species is going to be regular breeder in Finland in few years. 

Phone scoped Yellow Wagtail.

Thursday I went to see if I can relocate Firecrest family from Helsinki. This is only second known breeding in Finland after this same year from Pori. Hannu Palojärvi found the brood and there was seven juveniles and both adults around that time. In Pori there was at least found juveniles, if I remember right.
Anyway I went to the place and in fifteen minutes I quickly saw one adult bird, so the birds were still around. It is very hard to locate small birds from high trees, but finally I had some luck and two juveniles came little bit lower and I saw adult carrying some food for them.

Juvenile Firecret.

And another. 

Next hour I spend following the birds and watching how male bird gave food for four juveniles. It was super hard to photograph, cause most of the times birds were quite high up and when they came lower, all branches and stuff harassing my camera focus. Anyway here is few pics.

Adult Firecrest.

Same bird. 

Juvenile.

Same bird. 

Shame that my camera had troubles to find the birds from the trees, and this was first time when I felt that maybe it is better to return DSRL camera.

Yesterday on 10th I met my uncle Jände at Kallvik, Vuosaari and we had nice walk there despite the lack of birds. We had some Common Eiders, Red-breasted Mergansers etc common stuff. We laso met our old friend Petri Pietiläinen there and he had two Sandwich Terns about an hour before we arrived! Nice Record.

Cape Kallvik.

Female Common Eider. 

Treecreeper.

later we visited the Firecrest place, but not much luck this time. We had few calls in half an hour. This juvenile Eurasian Jay was fun to watch.

Juvenile Jay begging some food from the adults near by. 

Later afternoon I dropped Sanni for some shopping in Espoo and quickly twitched Curlew Sandpiper and Dunlin from Laajalahti before we went to have food.

Next week back to work, but yesterday I also got some good news that I will start new job in our company and my carrier in office starts very soon. I´m so happy about this.
Autumn migration is here soon and in few weeks there is much more to watch around Helsinki.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti