7. heinäkuuta 2013

Weekend in summer house. 5-7.7.2013

Yeah, what a nice weekend we had in Ruokolahti. We arrived Friday evening and after nice late dinner and few drinks we went to bed.
Saturday was partly cloudy and i tried to watch some birds at afternoon. At the morning i heard nice birds like Red-breasted Flycatcher and Greenish Warbler and local Black-throated Divers, Common Tern family and Common Sandpipers kept me busy with my camera. About at three o´clock i noticed some raptor migration from Northeast i had one Common Buzzard, 12 Honey Buzzards and few Sparrow Hawks.
At 3:45pm i noticed weird looking bird with two Honey Buzzards. It was just gliding long time without any wing strokes. My telescope were other side of the building so i ran there and i had to find the bird again.
I found it quite quickly and it made few rounds when i was able to id it, Greater-spotted Eagle!
Oh man that was great feeling! Sadly it was so far that my camera did not find it anymore.
Later evening European Nightjars started their concert. At least 7 birds were singing!

One of many Honey Buzzards. 

Flock of Black-throated Divers. 

Sarina took shes first bird pics :)

Common Sandpiper.

My version of Terns.

Evening view from our shore. 

What a great weekend. I really hope that local RC will accept this record of the Eagle.
Hear you soon.

-Tomppa-

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti