7. kesäkuuta 2019

Early morning and Bar-headed Goose. 6.6.2019

Like I said in last post I have been working like crazy. Last week I had one day off and no less than 12 or more hours a day at work.
This week has been little bit easier, but night shifts are still effecting for everything.

Yesterday morning I started very early at Lammassaari and I hoped that I could see two Mash Sandpipers which was seen there day before.
No luck this time with those, but I had very nice 1,5 hours and I really enjoyed the coldish morning air and all the songbirds singing around the area.
Two Common-Grasshopper Warblers were super nice, with 14 Common Rosefinches, Golden Oriole, many Thrush Nightingales, Ichterine Warbler, Wood Warblers, Red-backed Shrike and many more.
I watched the bay area very carefully and I was able to find few Common Snipes, lone Wood Sandpiper, two Ringed Plovers and four Redshanks. Also two Caspian Terns, tens of Grey Herons, a flock of Stock Doves etc  Great time. Also beautiful sun rise which gave me some cool pictures of Herons.
Here is a few pics from there.

Loads of songbirds around this area. 



Wooden path to Lammassaari. 

Morning light and Grey Herons. 

Caspian Terns. 

Male Red-backed Shrike. 

After Lammassaari I went to sleep for few hours and later afternoon I took Julius and together we went to Arabianranta where a Bar-headed Goose were hanging with some Barnacle Geese.
Goose was very easy to find and it was also easy to photo.

Bar-headed Goose.

Funny looking fellow.

Bird was actually quite shy, but in flock it was feeding calmly. 

Smart looking Goose. 

Some rest for a change. 

There has been speculation about this birds and about its origin. No rings pointed towards wild population in Europe (mostly Netherlands) which is increasing every year. Birds shyness is also a indicator that it might not have been in touch with humans, but also it is possible that many dogs around the park just made it very nervous.
Anyhow this could be future tick and maybe later we know more about this species in Europe.
I Asia where this species is from there it breeds in Tibet, China and Mongolia and it has most amazing migration route over the Himalayas.

Next week we start our family trip to Greece, so next post might come from there.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti