25. syyskuuta 2021

Dotterel inVuosaari 25.9.2021

 I was watching TV at home when I got message of Eurasian Dotterel in Vuosaari hill! I took my gear and drove tho the site where I met small group of people watching the bird. 

Very smart looking juvenile bird was resting in the low vegetation and sometimes it moved a bit. Finally got even decent photos of this species which breeds in Lapland and arctic tundra. It is not are in the north, but here it is very good bird. 

Also calling Grey-headed Woodpecker and Red-throated Pipit in the area. 

Some images below. 


Through the telescope.

What a camouflage! Not easy to spot from there if you just walk by.

Juvenile bird. 

Front.

Side.

Hiding! 

What a bird. 

Hopefully more birds like this and even rarer pop up from Helsinki are in next weeks.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti