3. lokakuuta 2021

Estonia 3.10.2021

 Finally my trip to Sôrve bird station started and today I arrived to the place. Started earliest ship from Helsinki this morning and I drove to Virtsu and from there I took ferry to Saaremaa. 

From Helsinki to Tallinn. 

From Virtsu to Kuivastu, Saaremaa.


After I got my self out of the ferry I drove to Kuressaare, the capital of Saaremaa. There I went to the grocery store and got some food, beverages and even a new pair of gloves for the trip. 

Finally around three a clock I arrived to the bird station and got my stuff inside. I was eager to go for some birding and I had nice walk, about hour and a half checking some bushes and the bay. Nice variety of birds around the bay including lone Grey Plover, flock of 19 Dunlins, two Sanderlings, lone Spotted Redshank, nine Greater White-fronted Geese with two Bean Goose and two Great white Egrets. Huge numbers of ducks around the bay and I have to count those tomorrow. 

From the bushes I found star bird of the day, Firecrest with hundreds of Goldcrests. I didn´t get any photos of the bird cause it moved soon after I found it. Shame, it was new species for my Estonian list. 

Other birds worth to mention were Spotted Flycatcher, flock of 200 Siskins, two flocks of Long-tailed Tits and big numbers of Bramblings. 


Spotted Flycatcher. 

Area where I found the Firecrest. 

Great white Egret.

Poor photo of Winter Wren.

Sôrve lighthouse. 


I will be here the whole week, so post every evening should be possible. Let´s hope a huge load of rare birds and days without rain. 

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti