19. kesäkuuta 2017

Stroller ticking and year ticks. 19.6.2017

Yesterday I took Vilma with me and together we collected some of the missing species from our stroller list. First target was Brent Goose in Kaivopuisto and after walking an hour in the park I finally managed to see the bird in flight. Someones dog was running around with out leash... idiots.
Next target was Vuosaari where we did short but effective stop. Corncrake was calling we were happy.
Today we visited my mother in law in Vääksy and both of my ladies are now there. I have to work next week so they can have some quality time there. We visited also the beach near by and especially Vilma had good time. I saw a lone Black-throated Diver swimming in the lake.

Vilma.

Later I drove back to Helsinki and wanted to go out when the songbirds start their singing. I choose Vanhankaupunginlahti and I had one nice walk there. Lots of Thrush Nightingales, one Ichterine Warbler, Reed Warbler, Sedge Warbler and other common stuff. My target bird were Common grasshopper Warbler and surprisingly I managed to find two birds!

Meadow near the parking lot. 

Natures fireworks. 

Reeds and sky.

Here is also a video of singing Grasshopper Warbler.

Grasshopper Warbler

The bird sounds little bit Savi´s Warbler, but from the pictures taken by others you can see that this bird is actually a Common grasshopper Warbler.



-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti