27. kesäkuuta 2012

Work, work and something between work.. 26.6.2012

Recently i have been most of my time at work... It´s funny when you live with your girlfriend in a same apartment, but you saw her like 2times in a week...
You can probably guess how much time i have to watch birds..
Today i decided to go to the Maari bird-watching tower. I end my shift at 6am and i drove straight to the tower.
Weather was nice, little wind and sun was shining. There was no one else in the tower so i had my own peace once again.
Water was super high and only few point was above it. Still there was good numbers of shorebirds!
Spotted Redshanks, Redshanks, Ruffs, Wood Sandpipers, Green Sandpipers, Lapwings, Little Ringed Plovers and Ringed Plovers.
I counted something like 37 Ruffs and that was most numerous specie. There was also good numbers of waterbirds and especially Anas-ducks were present. Eurasian Teals was most common specie, then came Mallards and Eurasian Wigeons. Few Shovelers, Gadwalls and Garganeys were also there.
Most of the Male ducks were moulting so it gives always chance to learn something new. I hate to watch those... :)

Me watching ducks.

Some lapwings.

Male Eurasian Teal.

As you can see, i did not have my camera with me, so these photos are taken by my phone trough the telescope.
It was nice to have even this little moment with birds. This week i have 72 hours working so next post will be next week.
Im a little bit jealous of my good friend Yoav Perlman. He was in Turkey and saw one of my dream birds.. Brown Fish Owl. I highly recommend to check he´s blog http://nubijar.blogspot.fi/
Some day i will visit there and then :)

Best

-Tomppa-

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti