1. toukokuuta 2019

Walking with Julius. 29.4.2019

On 29th I had time to go and walk with my boy again, so we took stroller and we headed to check if the Ring Ouzel would show up again on same site only few hundreds meters from our house.
I was twitching the thrush evening before and saw it only briefly, so wanted to get more this time.
There was also few other guys searching the bird, and like many times, I found the bird only minutes after we arrived. It was a male bird with nice pure white half moon shaped crescent. I took many pictures, but mostly what I got was bird in tall grass feeding and only part of the bird showing in the photo.

Ring Ouzel male.

Smart looking bird. 

This was the mot common set-up, bird in tall grass. 

I didn´t want to go near the bird, cause I knew that after I sent an alarm message, there is always people who are interested to twitch and it would be shame if you scare the bird away.
We continued and near the little woods in the middle of the field we found my first Pied Flycatcher for the year. Male bird was looking a birdhouse and even gave us a short song. Also cracking Starling feeding in the grass near by.

Pied Fly male. 

Common Starling.

Common Starling. 

Son after this Julius was sleeping and I continued towards Viikki fields and Vanhankaupunginlahti. During my walk I had big numbers of Linnets everywhere, all common species of Thrushes besides Mistle Thrush, Grey-headed Woodpecker calling, many Great-spotted Woodpeckers and lone Common Buzzard.
I checked the bay, but nothing really interesting. Good numbers of waders, but cause I only had binoculars, it was hard to reach and see what species there actually was. Still I found Greenshank, Wood Sandpiper, Greater Curlew, both species of Ringed Plovers, Green Sandpiper and Common Sandpiper.
From Hakala I had Goshawk, Showeler and other common stuff. I almost left, but the alarm of forthcoming Black Kite made me stay, but it turned a bit and went little bit too north for us. Shame, cause it was updated nice after first found from Espoo, then seen from Kumpula, but not from Hakala.
Soon Julius also woke and we had to carry on. I took some photos of nice looking second year Common Gull near our house and we ended our walk after two and a half hours.

Common Gull. 

Great day with 6 new year ticks. Next week I have many days off, so maybe then I have next change to go out and find new birds.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti