16. marraskuuta 2016

Suomenoja with Vilma 19.10.2016

I had a day off from work, so I decided to take Vilma and together we went to look some Siberian Accentors from Suomenoja, Espoo. I was hoping to find my own bird of course.
We arrived to the carpark and I noticed big numbers of Bohemian Waxwings flying around. That is really a sign of late Autumn and early winter. Soon after we started to walk I spotted small flock of Redpolls and in this flock I had one beautiful Arctic Redpoll! What a start. Stroller tick and year tick for me.

Some Waxwings.

Some ducks were still present feeding in the lake when we walk around the area. Gadwalls, Tufted Ducks, Mute Swans, Coots and Mallards mostly with few Goldeneyes. Lots of Robins were calling and few Dunnocks here and there.
I made few longer stops and played some Sibe Accentor tape, but no luck. Tree Sparrows, Long-tailed Tits, more Dunnocks, more Robins, Bullfinches etc. Common stuff!

Suomenoja Lake.

Long-tailed Tit.

Vilma! 

Because I didn´t find my own siberian Accentor I had time to photograph common species. Clser to the carpark I found three Chiffchaffs, some Redwings, Song Thrush and more Robins.

Male Blackbird.

Common Chiffchaff.

Closest to Siberian Accentor today, Dunnock.

Great way to spend time with my daughter. She got lots of fresh air and I had time to watch birds. At the end Vilma starter to be so tired that she was already sleeping before I got back home.

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti