29. toukokuuta 2017

Lesser Yellowlegs 28.5.2017

Like I wrote earlier, I dipped the Lesser Yellowlegs last time. Today I got another change for the species when Jan Sördersved found same or different bird from the exact same place!
Saturday was full of everything (when the bird was found) and I had no change to go there, but today I drove to Lohja after first update message which said that bird is still there.
I arrived there just after nine a clock and took about five minutes to walk to the place from my car.
I noticed Paavo Harri and he told me where the bird was just moments a go and soon we found the bird again! Great feeling after being late only ten minutes last time. Bird was showing well, but far a way. Also Broad-billed Sandpipers, Temminck´s Stints, Greenshank, Wood Sandpiper and Lapwings around.

On my way to the spot.

Lesser Yellowlegs.

Lesser Yellowlegs.

Lesser Yellowlegs.

Lesser Yellowlegs.

Lesser Yellowlegs.

Lesser Yellowlegs.

The lake was much smaller than last time. 

Also met Tom Lindroos and his wife Kaija there, and we had nice time watching the bird and eventually we left together. Thanks for the company and good luck for your retirement time! I hope we will meet again somewhere soon! Thanks also Paavo for company, and hope you had luck with the Woodchat Shrike in Urjala!
Later I came home and spent time with Vilma. We are very eager to draw and I made this artistic sketch of the bird. You can´t see any yellow, because Vilma ate most of the yellow crayon, but here is the thing! Vilma gave some red color in my sketch, but that only makes it better!
What can you say, Collins birdguide here I come! 


Great bird and great find by Jan, again. Let´s hope more rarities and other interesting birds for this spring.

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti