4. toukokuuta 2020

Morning at Viikki and family time 3.5.2020

Yesterday I had nice morning walk in Viikki area with my uncle Jände. We met at the fields and together we went to see if the Isabelline Wheatear was still there. It was. I got eco-lifer, if I ever start to count those..
Bird was moving between fields and later I noticed that group of photographers chased it all the time.. I don´t like that kind of behavior, but what can you do...

Isabelline Wheatear, again.

Soon we continued towards Purolahti tower and during the walk we had few new year ticks for me. First I spotted an male Pied Flycatcher and soon after we had nice flock of Wood Sandpipers. We ended up watching the bay from the road. Spotted Redshank, many Wood Sandpipers, Garganeys etc. Good stuff, but nothing really special. Soon we were already at Hakala and from there we had nice two Black-tailed Godwits, which is scarse species in Helsinki area. I also add Common Sandpiper to my year list.


From Hakala we walked same way back, and during the walk we met many familiar birders. Jörgen Palmgren told that there is singing Sedge Warbler near Purolahti and soon we had it in the bag.
We stoped again at the fields and there was many people watching the Wheatear. In 45 minutes we had one migrating Golden Plover, two local Lapland Longspurs and not much else. I phoneskoped a skylark...

Eurasian Skylark.

Big flock of Barnacle Geese.


Later we had nice walk at the city center with my, and Sannis brothers family. We met at Esplanadi park and walked around the center all the way to Katajannokka. First ice cream of the year was sweet. Kids enjoyed a lot.

Lesser Black-backed Gull couple. Larus fuscus fuscus.

Uspeski Cathedral. 

At the evening I got alarm message of Mediterrainen Gull from Viikki fields. I ate quickly and rushed there with my bicycle, but it was a false alarm. Got some extra excercise though..

Great day with good birds and nice family time.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti