2. toukokuuta 2014

Kentish Plover in Espoo and other spring birds 1.5-2.5.2014

Yesterday i was going to have nice brunch with my friends and family when i noticed message in my phone.
"Kentish Plover in Espoo" very nice start i thought. Because my night shift i noticed this few hours late.
I was unable to cancel the brunch so i went there and actually had so good time that i forgot the bird first.
Then i checked our alarm system again and it was still present. I loaned my mothers car i drove to Espoo quite fast. Luckily bird stayed that evening and i got my Fin-tick number 299.
Here is two photos of the bird.

Phone scoping sucks. 

Kentish Plover.

Bird was quite far away so i had to use my phone trough telescope.

Only 84 records in Finland and not sure how many in Helsinki area, but anyway very rare bird.
Today i still had my mothers car so i went to Maari bird tower very early. It was super cold.. Little bit minus degrees but birds showed well. Lost of waders including 8 Spotted Redshanks, Temminck´s Stint, lost of Wood Sandpipers, Ringed and Little Ringed Plovers, few Greenshanks and Whimbrel.
Best bird was anyway female Citrine Wagtail.

Common Crane.

Maari meadow.

After Maari i went to Suomenoja. Same birds every year but i guess it is nice to make even one visit every spring. Lots of Slavonian Grebes, Pochards etc. Golden Eyes had already some chicks.

When i came even the Mute Swans bowed to me. 

Common Pochard.

Slavonian Grebe.

Suomenoja.

Golden Eye chicks.

White Wagtail.

Nice day, lost of sun, cold, but fun. Accidentally rhyme there.
Next week i will try to go somewhere. Have a nice weekend everybody and i wish good sightings to all of you.

-Tom-

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti