12. elokuuta 2012

Too normal... 11.8.2012

My yesterdays birding was actually in two parts.
First i was at the Maari bird-tower watching some shorebirds and Great White Egret.
I end my shift at 6am and i quickly drove to home because my gear was there. I was at the tower about 7am and f**k, there was breezing cold... I had way too little clothes on.
There was only one before me in the tower and he started at 4.30am, crazy people... He said that Great White Egret flew in the reeds about hour before i came so no chance to see it...
There was still some waders left and we counted 6 Little Stints, 5 Temminck´s Stints, Curlew Sandpiper, 60-80 Dunlins, Wood Sandpipers and Bar-tailed Godvit.
Little by little my hands came colder and sense began to disappear so i had to go home and get some well deserved sleep.

Taken by my phone. There is atleast Little Stint and Dunlins.

Next part of my birding were almost at the evening. Sarinas fried had housewarming party and i had no interest to go there, i went to Finnå :)
I walked to the Southern Birdwatching-tower and along the way i saw many Willow Warblers, few Garden Warblers, Sedge Warblers, Goldfinches, one Great-spotted Woodpecker, one Red-backed Shrike and so on.
The lake was actually almost empty this time, Mallards, few Teals, Shovelers, Gadwall was most numerous duck there. Also few Tufted Ducks, Pockhards and so on.. Soon i heard weird sound and huge, about flock of 400 Starlings jumped in the air from the reeds. I was thinking what i was and then i noticed that one Pockhard was dead in the water. It probably crashed into electric lines above the lake...  Sad.

Mallards.

Starlings.

Willow Warbler.

Overall i had nice day again. Mornings could be little bit warmer, but maybe i should move to Israel, there i quite hot i guess.
Next post will be next weekend because we had annual bird-race in Estonia. Wish luck to our team, Roni, Jarkko, Petteri and myself.

Best.

-Tomppa-

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti