20. huhtikuuta 2017

Unsuccessful Twitch. 20.4.2017

I often start my day watching the birds from my backyard. Nowadays there is mostly Thrushes (Redwings, Blackbirds and Fieldfares), but today I really surprised when I noticed male Hawfinch eating something in a tree. I´v seen few near the house, but never in my yard. What a start from the day.
Later I noticed alarm of the Hoopoe in Malminkartano, which is quite near my area. I took Vilma and together we went to tick this rare beauty. We arrived to the place which is huge wasteland hill and I was really hopeful to see the bird. Many other twitches arrived too. We walked around the hill and I met Jörgen Palmgren and together we watched the area. Lots of Redwings and Fieldfares, but no sign of the Hoopoe we were after... After an hour I decide to leave.. 
Shame that nobody didn´t find the bird. Still missing from my stroller list. Only year tick was Meadow Pipit! 

Female Pheasant.

Malminkartano Hill. 


Vilma.

European Hare.

Happy girl, even when we dipped the bird.

After groceries we came home and when Vilma was in bed, I tried to took Redwing photos through our windows... Shitty but fun.

Redwing. 

Let´s hope more rarities will show up in next few days when I have days off. 

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti