28. joulukuuta 2019

Backyard birding 28.12.2019

When you spend time with your kids it is always better if you go outside and let them run in a park etc. Today we had nice little it over an hour at the local park and sun was shining. Loads of birds around eating rowan berries and I counted at least 40 Fieldfares and around ten Waxwings in small area.
At the park I had a bit luck when I looked a small flock of Jackdaws I noticed a large raptor behind the flock. I always carry my binoculars and damn, it was far and high, but it was a Golden Eagle! One of those species which always gives you the chills. Eagle was just sliding towards Northeast and soon I lost it in blue sky. I think the age was either 1cy or 2cy bird cause the large white under wing patches. From that distance you can´t obviously be sure..

One of many Fieldfares. 

Bohemian Waxwings resting before next meal.


It seems that I might have time to go out and look for some new birds for this year next Monday, but let´s see. This nice sunny weather is gone tomorrow and I bet we have more rain after that.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti