19. tammikuuta 2020

Black-throated Thrush at Viikki. 19.1.2020

Yesterday afternoon Hannu Savanne found female type Black-throated Thrush from Viikki about 700m from my house. I was anxious to go, but I had both kids, and it was already getting a bit dark. I had to wait until Sanni arrived from work. When she finally came it was too late for me and I had to let it go. Shame cause it was so near.

Today before noon I got info that the bird is still in the area, but hard to catch. My mother visited us and I used her help to twitch this nice sibe vagrant. We took kids, we let them play a bit and then we walked to the scene. Loads of twitchers around and it was easy to find the place where the bird was. Thrush was feeding in a muddy field with about 300 Fieldfares and it was no an easy task to find the bird. My mother took the kids to the near by park and she let me stay with the group. Thank god the bird was found in 10 minutes and I got nice views from telescope.
Lots of familiar faces around and Janne koskinen gave me and opportunity to watch the bird for some time. No photos for me this time, cause the distance and telescope not my own so I had problems to phonescope it. I got one very poor photo, but it is so bad that I´m not going to publish it...

Soon the flock took off and shattered around the area. We tried to watch the small flocks, but local Goshawk made them move constantly and it was also nap time for Julius, so we left.

Great bird and interesting plumage of second calendar year female bird. What I saw looked good for pure bird, but these always lead to discussion about the ID of the bird and I can´t really consider me as an expert of anything. I have seen this species now five times in Finland and at least one of those were hybrid bird. More photos of the bird in www.tarsiger.com front page.

Few photos from the day.

Great-spotted Woodpecker.

The field where the Thrush was.

Male Bullfinch. 


Oh yeah, I also took my first bird photos with my new Sony Rx10 mark IV and it is amazing camera. Can´t wait to have more light and more birds. I changed my Panasonic gear to this one.

More birds later, I hope.

Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti