7. heinäkuuta 2020

Local summer birds. 7.7.2020

Today I had chance on visit Lammassaari tower after I got my very important job interview. We got many rain showers during the morning, but finally after 11 a clock weather looked better and even the sun was shining. I had info about two Curlew Sandpipers at the place, so I had high hopes for those. It was a disappointment, because birds took off way earlier I arrived. I heard Marsh Warbler singing while I walked to the tower. Some guy heard two little bit later.

Wood path towards Lammassaari. At this point the weather was still a bit bad. 

I spent about hour and a half in the tower and during that time I had only few birds worth to mention. Pair of Caspian Terns, eight Greenshanks, four Ruffs, lone Great White Egret and five White-tailed Eagles.
I also met Hannu Palojärvi at the tower, always a pleasure to spend time with you!

Great White Egret in the middle of the picture. 

Two out of three juveniles still sitting on a nest. Soon they all take long trips around the area. 

One new year tick in Helsinki area, but that was all. Autumn migration is going and Waders are moving, so let´s hope I will see something great later this week. We are planning Hanko trip on Friday, but let´s see!

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti