26. maaliskuuta 2012

This feels like spring! 26.3.2012

After a late wake-up is started today from Finnå wastewater treatment plant.
I don´t know why but i all ways walk same route there and this day wasn´t exception. First bird what i noticed was nice singing male Chaffinch. After 10min walking i stopped to watch some birds which were high in the trees i saw lonely Crane flying over me. I try to run little bit because it went behind the trees but i didn´t see it again.
Nice start and new year tick for me.
I continued my walking and next stop was pair of Goldeneyes. The birds swim in the ditch which was next to the path and there is some small trees so that´s why this super bad photo..

You can see why it´s Goldeneye.

After Goldeneyes and many Mallards i arrived at a place where there was lot´s of open water and a bird-watching tower.
Many Coots and Mallards, one Common Pochard, one Gadvall, two singing Skylarks and more Goldeneyes. I was in the tower like 20minutes but nothing else did not appear.

Coots.

Common Pochard male.

Gadvall and Pochard, both new year ticks for me.
I continued walking again and i saw something like 20 Crows in same tree and making huge noise. Then i noticed some raptor sitting in same tree but lower. It was little bit in the shade but i get few photos and i was able to identify it. Goshawk. One of my favorite bird of prey.

Can you see the Goshawk?

After this nice bird i left and i had already decided to go Seurasaari.
Between Finnå and Seurasaari i saw flock of 36 Barnacle Gooses! I couldn´t stop because i was driving but nice catch from the window!
I was thinking this little spring progress "project". It´s nice to see witch species comes first and when and so on..
I parked my car in parking lot and first birds were 2 Mute Swans, 2 Canada Gooses and 15 Mallards. These Gooses and Swans were not there last time, so new arrivals.

Canada Goose.

"Don´t take photos" Mute Swan.

I walk my normal route again and i actually noticed that there was less birds than last time. Most Tits are singing or nesting or something but you can´t see those anymore. Black Birds are most common birds in feeding places.
Here is some numbers what i saw or heard today.

Great Tit 30
Blue Tit 20
Coal Tit 2
Black Bird 30 (Some singing males)
Song Thrush 1 (Voice)
Chaffinch 6 (All singing)
Greenfinch 2
Bullfinch 4
Stock Dove 2
Woodpigeon 1
Treecreeper 2 (Voice)
Great Spotted Woodpecker 1 (Male)
Sparrow Hawk 1

Stock Dove.

Weird Black Bird.

Perhaps the most interesting bird was this weird Black Bird witch have some leucistic spots in head, breast and flanks. First when i saw this bird i thought that it is Ring Ouzel! I have bad photo of it where it shows a little bit same looking breast pattern.

This was nice day. Now i have to work two days and then Friday we are going to Estonia and try to find Willow Grouse, Ural Owl and Great Grey Owl. Wish me luck with those.

Best

-Tomppa

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti