20. lokakuuta 2016

Black-winged Pratincole in Helsinki 25.8.2016

At 24th of August some birders found Black-winged Prantincole from Vanhankaupunginlahti, Helsinki. This great bird was still missing from my lifer list so with my uncle Jände we went to twitch it next morning before work.
We arrived very early to Viikki and after 20 minute walk we came to the birdtower where we started to look at the bay. It was foggy morning, but we got alarm that other side of the bay had already seen the bird! Finally after 15 long minutes Jände said "There!" I had only my boniculars, but htat was enough. I found the bird flying around the bay and it showed the black under parts of the wing and there was not any white on the wing. Great bird, great morning and good company.

Vanhankaupunginlahti. Bird was flying somewhere there! 

Thanks for the company Jände and Kari Lindblom, who was in the tower with us!

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti