13. tammikuuta 2019

Kingfisher in Espoo 12.1.2019

Yesterday we had finally time to go and twitch a very popular bird from Espoo. Even the local new has told about this wintering Kingfisher in Espoonlahti, Espoo. So many amazing photos has been published in facebook etc, but I have also head about stories of photographers chasing the bird and harassing the bird. That is always sad and everybody should think a bit of this. Every time the bird has to move without any reason it uses its low energy supply and its chances to survive through the winter decreases.

Anyway I took Vilma with me and we had plan that she will sit in a stroller so I can get my stroller tick and then after have watched the bird enough, she will get her candy day sweets.
When we arrived there was about 40 people watching and photographing the bird, so this twitch was easy.
We spend about 30 minutes on the site and we both saw the bird very well. Kingfisher was my stroller tick #229. Not too many easy ones left..
Light was not so good for the photos, but I managed to take some records shots. Bird was little bit behind the branches and bushes all the time, so not an easy one to shoot.

The colors of the bird are simply amazing. 

Common Kingfisher.

And again.


Great bird and nice to start my twitching year with success. Thank you Vilma for the company.


-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti