16. huhtikuuta 2019

More spring birds and some stroller ticks. 16.4.2019

Working and applying to new work recently.. My birding has been standing outside with the kids and having something during the playground stuff.

On 12th I twitched a pair of Tundra Swans from Pikku-Huopalahti, Helsinki. It was easy twitch even without any optics. Also Great-crested Grebes and loads of other common stuff around. Tundra Swan was a new stroller tick and it was good to have it, cause they area already gone and next change is maybe spring 2020..
On 13th we were having great time at the local playground when I noticed a "tick" sound coming from a small bird which was flying very low. I always carry my binoculars and I was pretty surprised that I was looking male Rustic Bunting coming close to us. Bird continued over the playground and I never saw it landing. Rustic Bunting is declining rapidly and seeing these here was really incredible! This was my second record of this species in this decade. Last time was in Espoo 2013.

Today I had pleasant walk with Julius, who was sleeping all the time again! We started from Latokartano and then checked the Viikki fields and we ended up in Vanhankaupunginlahti where we had nice time with lots of common birds and even few less common too.
Bird of the day was definitely Black-tailed Godwit. Gorgeous bird in breeding plumage was a real candy for my eyes. Shame it was in distance of 250m or so.

Reed Bunting male.

European Hare.

Fieldfare.

Great-crested Grebe. 

Male Smew.

White Wagtail. 

Anyway during my stay there I had flock of seven Curlews, two Smews, loads of Grey Herons, Marsh Harrier, Stock Doves, Teals, Greylag Geese etc. Also some butterflies around including "Archiearis parhenias", "Gonepteryx rhamni", "Callophrys rubi" and "Nymphalis antiopa"

Reed Bunting was my year tick number 100 and now I have 103 after this trip.

Grey Herons.

Archiearis parhenias.

Black-tailed Godwit from distance. 


Tomorrow I will go for an boat ride with my friend, so more birding tomorrow.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti