13. kesäkuuta 2019

First days in Crete island. 10.6-12.6.2019

So, we arrived to Crete day before yesterday and so far it has been mostly family time in our Villa near Stalós village. We have nice Citroen multivagon which carries nine people, so plenty of room for my family and my mother, brother and sister who are with us here.
From our patio I have seen two Eleonora´s Falcons, many Common Buzzards, lone Eurasian Honey Buzzard and other common birds.
Red-rumped Swallows are nesting near by and Sardinian Warblers area singing constantly. We have visited the Agia Marina and Stalós beach and there is some good restaurants.

Cleopatra.

Some moths, names later.

Common Buzzard and mountains.

Cleopatra in flight.

Still some snow there.

Moth sp. name later.

Moth sp. name later.


Today I visited Agia Lake, which is only freshwater area in the island. Can´t really recommend the place this time of the year and I had only few Little Grebes, some Coots, singing Cetti´s Warblers, lone Eastern Olivaceous Wabler and many buzzards.
After I walked the area round I started to watch the mountains and soon I found a flock of Griffon Vultures circling over the hills far away. Always nice to see these huge raptors. Easy to ID from 10 kilometers!

Agia Lake.




Broad Scarlet.

Cacyreus Marshalli.

Zeuzera Pyrina.

Yellow-legged Gull. 

Our house from 49m. I use DJI Mavic Air for these photos. 

Mountains from 49m
Parahypopta Caestrum.


In few days I will hike the legendary Samaria Gorge route with my brother and I hope we can see all the mountain birds like Alpine Accentor, Lammergeier and Alpine Chouch.

More later.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti