3. maaliskuuta 2020

Rest of the February and first few days of March.

February passed and nothing really happened to me birdvicely after the amazing Snowy Owl at 16th.
I have been working and cause I´m cycling I have always change to see something when I go to work or back to home. On 17th I got Reed Bunting from Vanhankaupunginlahti, 18th I twitched my earliest ever Northern Lapwing from Viikki and from work I noticed an mobile Hawfinch, so nice species without any real birding.

Lapwing in Viikki.

On 19th both of my bikes were stolen... So I had small break of cycling. That didn´t slow me down and I found Eurasian Nuthatch from Meilahti and same day I saw three Canada Geese in Pikkuhuopalahti. Especially Nuthatch was super cool. I left work and I was walking towards buss stop and I heard the call and then bird moved quickly around me quite close and disappeared behind the buildings.
On 23rd I was driving with my family and I found a flock of big birds flying above Marjaniemi. I stopped in traffic lights and checked the flock with binoculars and all the birds were Grey Herons, 18 of them in same flock!

On 25th I took this picture of White-tailed Eagle with my mobile phone while I waited a buss.
White-tailed Eagle and Hooded Crow.

On 27th I had special night with Vilma and we had her first Ice Hockey game. Helsinki IFK was playing against Assat from Pori and we had good time! Thanks to my coworker Jenni for the tickets!
I also had flock of Tufted Ducks and lone Greater Scaup female in Westend, Espoo that same day!

Moment before the game started. Home team HIFK with red jerseys.

On 28th I finally got my new bike Kona Unit and I was able to cycle again. During the ride back home I visited Viikki fields and the same flood which had the Lapwing earlier was totally frozen! Crazy looking sight when people were ice skating there that day. I also had three Greylag Geese in next field and few calls of Bearded Reedlings before the fields from the reed bed.

Nice sunny weather gave us some minus degrees and this little lake was frozen. 

The last day of February (29th) I had White-throated Dipper in Malmi from my car, so good luck with this species this time.
First of March gave a a small flock of  Long-tailed Tits at my backyard and yesterday I had Spotted Nutcracker in Laakso and Stock Dove in Arabianranta.

On second of March I counted 33 Canada Geese and three Greylags from Viikki. 


So nice variety of different birds even when you just keep you eyes and ears open. Next weekend I hope I could visit Porvoo where two Azure Tits are hanging in one place. They were found last weekend.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti