29. elokuuta 2020

Summerhouse weekend in Hartola 21.8-23.8.2020

Only a week late... But here it goes.

Week ago we spend our free time in our summerhouse. It was nice change to go outside of the city and have some good food with my family. Also my mother, brother and sister were there, so we had nice gathering.
I bought a new UV-lamp for butterflies and it worked nicely. I was able to attract quite many species of moths and geometer moths during the weekend.
August is still summer month in Finland and slowly migration is starting. In Hartola I had only few nice bird sightings, but Black Kite near the road when we arrived was one of those. Also calling Pygmy Owl is always nice. Hobby couple had at least two chicks and adults carried lots of food for them during the weekend. Otherwise birds I saw were just common species like Chiffchaffs, Great-spotted and Black Woodpeckers etc.
Here is full set of pictures from the trip. Not much to tell this time, but at least lots of pics.

Beautiful view from our patio. 

Maybe my best butterfly of the weekend. The Black Arches, Lymantria Monacha.

Saltern Ear Moth, Amphipoea Fucosa.

Ear Moth, Amphipoea Oculea.

Large Thorn, Ennomos Autumnaria has very good camouflage. 

Hedge Rustic, Tholera cespitis.

Hepialus Gamma.

Beautiful Arches, Mniotype Satura. 

Fox Moth caterpillar.

Passport picture for Large Thorn. 

Peacock Butterfly, Aglais Io.

Brown Hawker, Aeshna Grandis.

Distant Hobby. We have pair nesting near by our cottage and they had two or three juveniles this year.

Black Darter male, Sympetrum Danae.

Great time and possibly the last visit to Hartola this year. I really could spend my all free time in a place like this.
Thanks for the company all. This weekend I´m working, but next one we are going to Loviisa again.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti