20. syyskuuta 2021

August

 During the August I spend much of my free time with my kids. Our divorce was quite big hit especially for Vilma who is already old enough to understand much more than her brother who is only three years old. 

On 8th of August I twitched Great Snipe from Paloheinä and saw in in flight only briefly... I used over six hours for that... 

24th I quickly twitched Bar-tailed Godwit from Arabianranta, but that was almost all before our trip to Estonia with my uncle Jände. I also visited Hartola with my friends and we had great time there. 

First photos from Hartola trip where I had my UV-light, and then footage from Estonia.


Triphosa Dubitata from Hartola.

Catocala Fraxini from Hartola.


Our trip to Estonia was 12th to 16th of August. We stayed in Kiige puhkekyla, pretty near cape Pôsaspea in Western Estonia. We had sea watch every day and once we visited Nova area where we had nice flock of Turtle Doves and some local Montagu´s Harriers. Great long weekend!


Caspian Gull.

Caspian Gull.

Caspian Gull.

Caspian Gull.

Caspian Gull.

Shorebirds from Haversi beach.

Common Buzzard from Kiige.

Common Buzzard.

European Oystercatchers migrating from cape Pösaspea.

Red Knots from Cape Pösaspea.

This flock of Great White Egrets came from Finland.

Turnstones.

Bar-tailed Godwit.

Rough sea and Bar-tailed Godwits.

Distant Black Terns migrating.

Adult male Montagu´s Harrier.

Juvenile Black-headed Gull.

Passport picture for Sandwich Tern.

Dunlins and Curlew Sandpiper in Haversi beach.

Soon to be wet Grey Plover.

Turtle Doves! 

Turtle Doves in Nova area.

Common Greenshank.


More birding in September! 


-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti