12. lokakuuta 2021

Homecoming Turte Dove and one dipped Tarsiger. 12.10.2021

 So, yesterday I came home from my trip to Estonia. What a great time I had there, but all good things must end at some point. I was out from the ship and passed the covid-test / inspections pretty quickly and I checked if long staying European Turtle Dove would still be around the corner. There was a sighting in tiira-system, so I gave it a try. 

I arrived to the site in Otaniemi, Espoo and I noticed a guy carrying a camera. He showed the Dove to me, so thanks a lot stranger! I had only few minutes for the bird, cause my kids were eager to see me after my trip (really they were expecting only large amount of candy from the ship, not me) but that was enough. Here is few pictures of this rare and charismatic bird. 

Turtle Dove.

Autumn colors were nice too. 

Juvenile bird has been in the area now for over a week.

Wind was strong and sometimes the birds had trouble to stay still.

Turtle Dove and leafs. 

Today I was way too late for Red-flanked Bluetail. I had kids and we had to eat after daycare, so we arrived around 6pm to Kaisaniemi and even during the time we spend there some others saw the bird. We were literally 5 meters from it, but nothing for me today. High hopes that it will stay over night and I will have time to twitch it during the day at work. Fingers crossed! 


-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti