3. syyskuuta 2022

Long waited lifer 3.9.2022

 Day before yesterday (1st of September) I noticed a message of Rosy Starling from Raasepori, which is about 80km from Helsinki. This species has been in my radar very long time and with two tries I never saw it before today 3rd of September with my son Julius. 

We started a bit late, like eleven o´clock and after dropping Sanni and Vilma for shopping we started our drive to the site. Took us about an hour to arrive and we get nice instructions from other twitchers to where to look and so on. Heat waves were a bit distraction, but I found the bird pretty soon. It was so pale and almost the same color like the field where it was feeding. Soon couple of Hen Harriers mopped the flock up in the air and it was relatively easy to see from the flock. Luckily birds landed a bit closer and our main target was easier to see than moment earlier. 

Here is a poor video of the bird in my You Tube channel. picture of Julius who was already hungry at the point I took the picture, so that´s why thumbs down! 

Julius before food. After food he was all sunshine again. He got lifer today too! 


1cy Hen Harrier just before we left the place. 

Same bird. Shame that it was a bit too far and I was only able to get these horrible pictures.


After watching the bird for some time we left to have hamburgers at Hesburger. Julius wanted a burger, so I couldn´t say no to him. After burgers we visited Haltiala at Helsinki and big surprise was Rustic Bunting which landed to the fields from migration. At least six times "tik" sound and I saw the bird pretty well. Nothing much else to mention from there.. Great stuff  anyway and what a start for the autumn season. Julius watched cows and a heard of sheep.

Later back to home, Sauna and movie night with kids. 


-Tom 



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti