11. maaliskuuta 2019

Local birding after moving to Viikki 4.3-10.3.2019

So, we moved to Viikki, Helsinki. All stuff we moved on 1st and now all things are on right places after a week. I also put on a feeder for birds, cause now I finally have my on little yard.

Sunflower seeds etc. 

On 4th I tried to twitch Great-grey Owl from Malmi with Vilma, but no luck this time.. Bird was seen early that morning, but not after that.

Vilma played with snow, while I looked around.. Bloody Owl.

Most of my birding is now watching my own feeder and hoping to get more species to visit there. So far I had Great- and Blue Tits, Blackbirds, Jackdaw and lots of Domestic Sparrows.

First winter male Blackbird. 

Female Sparrow.

Yesterday (10th) we visited a near by stream, which is open all year and full of Mallards. While I was counting the birds and watching that Vilma wont drop in to the water I noticed a Male Eurasian Teal hanging with the Mallards. Cool bird and always nice to see during the winter.

Male Mallard is very smart looking bird 

Eurasian Teal. 

Eurasian Teal, male. 

It is so small! 

Vilma gave some bread for the birds. 

Spring is coming soon and lots of birds migrating back to Finland. Now we are living near the area which gathers a lot of birds in small area, including some rarities annually. I´m super excited about the location and upcoming spring.

Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti