25. maaliskuuta 2019

Weekend at work. 23.3-24.3.2019

I spent the whole weekend at work, but luckily I had time to look around there and after all I had very pleasant time and lots of birds.

Migration is in full swing and last weekend loads of Bean Geese and Greater White-fronted Geese were going North over the Helsinki area. I counted over 500 Geese from a spot which is not a hot spot for migration, and I had species like White Wagtail, Velvet Scoter, Black Guillemot, Long-tailed Duck, Smew, Common Buzzard, many White-tailed Eagles, Grey Herons, Common Cranes, and almost one hundred Woodpigeons in one flock.

Here is some photos of distant birds.

Mixed flock of Greater White-fronted and Tundra Bean Geese.

Two of three Common Cranes I saw during the weekend. 

One of five White-tailed Eagles.


Bean Goose flock.

Distant Black-headed Gull. 

Flock of Whooper Swans in first light. 


-Tom

2 kommenttia: