31. lokakuuta 2020

Last week of October. 31.10.2020

 This week went so quickly. Hectic at work and you days are running like crazy. On 26th I quickly twitched Ural Owl during my day at work and that was the highlight of my week, easily. Today at 31st I tried to twitch the Owl again with my kids, but we were unlucky. Thank god I have it on my stroller list! The place is Botanical garden near the city center and with some other birders we didn´t relocate the owl. Best were female Blackcap, two Spotted Nutcrackers (both looked good for race Macrorhynchos), flock of Waxwings, some Bullfinches and Dunnock. Vilma and Julius had nice time and both wanted to visit there again later. 


It was so dark that getting proper pics were pretty hard..

Spotted Nutcracker.

And again. In this photo the bill looks very thin and long, which points to Siberian-race.

Closer. 


After Kaisaniemi we arrived back home and I got message of Juvenile Kittiwake in Lauttasaari. I was too tired and kids wanted to watch some cartoons before food, so no chance to see that bird. Hopefully there is still one coming for me! Here is also our local female Goshawk. It will kill all the Feral Pigeons during the winter if it stays. 

Northern Goshawk, female.


Maybe some birding tomorrow, I hope!

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti