9. marraskuuta 2020

Weeks are running 9.11.2020

 Like the topic says, days and weeks are running and we are heading to winter time pretty soon. Last week and this week I have had very few opportunities to do any birding, but two times I have been searching an interesting bird with out any luck and today I twitched very late Yellow Wagtail from Vuosaari during my day at work. Normally I don´t run to see Yellow Wagtail here in Finland, but when there is one in November, there is always a possibility that the bird could be Eastern or some other interesting subspecies! 

Last Saturday I took kids and with my mother we tried to find Ural Owl from Etelä-Haaga. Bird was seen day before, but no luck there. Only there species of Tits, Jay, Bullfinches and other common birds around. Good time anyway for kids to play in the woods. 

Ural Owl place with kid and my mother.


Sunday we had Fathers day and I got alarm of Hume´s Leaf Warbler from Tuomarinkylä, Helsinki. With my family we had nice effort, but no luck here either... Anyway the bird was re-identified as a Yellow-browed Warbler later, so no problemo there! Lots of birders were after the bird when we arrived. 

Goshawk nest in the woods of Tuomarinkylä.

Birds was seen in the top of these trees.. Hard work.


Today I had to work again. My day started from Tuomarinkylä where I had to visit first thing at the morning. It was a good visit. When I turned my car to the place I saw Tengmalm´s Owl sitting on a branch. I tried to go little closer, but it took off and disappeared behind the buildings. I had to continue my work, so no time to search the bird. Later I was driving near the city center and I noticed an alarm of Yellow Wagtail, I decided to go. About an hour later I arrived to the scene and met Pekka Komi there and he kindly led me to the place where the bird was landed. We found the bird and I got some record hots of it before it took off again back to the meadow. Shame that it was "only" Western Yellow Wagtail. Nevertheless I had my first one in November ever! Congrats to the finders. Here is few pictures of the bird. 

Western Yellow Wagtail.

Somehow my camera settings were totally wrong to this situation..

Hiding effectively! 



Hopefully more birding activity in the near future and of course who does not want to see any rare birds? I certainly do! 

Laters,


-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti