25. marraskuuta 2020

Glaucous Gull 23.11.2020

 On Sunday we were having great time in activity park with my family and my mother when I saw a message of local Glaucous Gull from Kivenlahti, Espoo. It was too late for me to go, but I was optimistic that it could stay. Next morning (23rd) I took my camera with me when I left to work and soon after sunrise Johannes Silvonen informed that the bird is still there. I had busy day but finally at 2 pm I arrived to Kivenlahti, Espoo. I saw a birder and I stopped him to ask if the Gull is still there. He told me to look a small platform about 500m from the doc and there it was. Very far, but anyway there it was! I got some poor record shots and after 15 minutes I left. 

For some reason Glaucous Gull, maybe the climate change at the arctic region, has been very hard to find from here in recent years. I just read that at the 80s and 90s there has been flock of many birds quite regularly. 

Here is picture of the distant bird.


Way too far...


-Tom


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti