1. toukokuuta 2021

Spring birds and sunshine. 3.3.2021

Finally I have energy to write here.. It is already May and my last post is from February. Let´s see what has happened since that. 

First signs of spring are one of those things you wait so long and when it finally comes it feels so great! Lots of sunshine and already some migrating birds around Helsinki area. Last weekend, which was still February I tried to twitch a local Common Kingfisher from Espoo, but no luck with that. Only consolation Reed Bunting near the place. Weather was amazing, so it was nice to walk around the area even without seeing the main target.

On 2nd of March I had change to witch Great-white Egret from Viikki after my day at work. I cycled to the spot and bird was fishing in small ditch. I was lucky, cause I had no binoculars of telescope with me when one younger birder let me watch the bird with his telescope, so thanks a lot! I had my camera in my back bag, so here is a very poor record shot of the bird. 


Great-white Egret in small ditch. 


Also Stock Dove and Skylark in the area, so it really felt like spring! 

Cold period continued about week or two, can´t remember anymore. Anyway moved back to Maunula, which is small suburbs in Helsinki. We use to live there before Vilma was born and it felt god to be back. More in my next post.

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti