23. toukokuuta 2021

Family trip to Lammassaari 23.5.2021

 This afternoon we made trip to Lammassaari with Sanni´s family. It was good for me cause the whole day there was a Greater-spotted Eagle hanging around the area and I´d like to see the bird. Loads of people around the Vanhankaupunginlahti area an almost impossible to find parking space. 

It was already around three a clock when we arrived to the first lookout place of the wood path to Lammassaari where I saw the Eagle. The star bird was sitting on a branch about 300m from our location. I showed the eagle to everyone and we continued. Kids waited the snacks and stuff already so we had to run! Just before we entered to the island I saw the Eagle flying and about 20 Crows harassing it. Here is few pictures of that situation.

Greater-spotted Eagle.

Greater-spotted Eagle.

Greater-spotted Eagle. Wing feathers were in bad shape. 

Greater-spotted Eagle.

Maybe hanging at the dump or place like that makes your feather look like that?

Greater-spotted Eagle.

What a great bird, most probably 2nd calendar year bird. 

We had great two hours in the island, kids were playing and  adults were just relaxing. I had Osprey, first for the year and I followed a Blackcap male and hoped to get some pictures. I got few. Also first Fours-potted Chaser for the year. 

Male Blackcap collected some nesting materials.

Four-spotted Chaser. 


Thanks for the company all! Great trip.

-Tom 


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti