21. toukokuuta 2022

Mornin in Vuosaari 21.5.2022

 I was super tired after yesterday, cause we spent half of the night in hospital with Vilma and I slept like three hours. This morning I got my self from bed before 6 am and I headed to Kallvik to check if there is any migration going on. 

From the parking lot I heard and saw small flock of Common Crossbills. I walked to the shore and I met Mikko Salonen and Kimmo Heiskanen there with some other birders. We had nice two hours before we had to admit that there was no migration going.. Distant Grey Plovers and Dunlins were nice, but without lone Bearded Reedling there was pretty boring set of birds around. 

I went to take some photos of the Reedling before I drove to Vuosaari hill for some "raptor watch".

Male Bearded Reedling.

This bird in a loner in a small area of reeds. 

Look how short those wings are! 


I had windy and sunny two hours at the hill and best birds were two migrating Arctic Skuas. Lots of Common Whitethroats, Skylarks, Northern Wheatears etc. land birds around. Raptors were in a different place I guess, cause I had only one White-tailed Eagle during the time I stayed there...

Northern Wheatear male. 

Common Skylark.

 

More birding later.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti