20. toukokuuta 2022

Collared Flycatcher in Maari, Espoo. 18.5.2022

 I was hanging with my kidsand at the Maunula playground when I got a message of female Collared Flycatcher from Maari, Espoo. This species is surprisingly rare here in the capital area, so I wanted to twitch! I showed the message to Sanni and she said go. I was running (didn´t really run, but walked pretty fast) to my car and in 15 minutes I was in the place where the bird was seen. About twenty people around and they told me where to watch. My first thought was "Can´t be anything else than COlared female, cause the overall color was so grey and something like collar continued to the neck area. White area on the wing looked odd for Pied Fly.." I talked with some twitchers and we were sure about the identification. 

I managed to take few grabby pics of the bird. I also found Ichterine Warler from the same site and flock of six Great-white Egrets at the bay. Great birding! 

On my way back to the car I heard my first Common Rosefinch for the year. Summer is here.. 

Lapwing near my car. Male bird I guess because of the long crest. 

Female Collared Flycatcher.

This one was not easy bird to photograph. 

Light was from the back the whole time, but something here.


Great birding and cool species. More birding coming this weekend. Our Isosaari trip was cancelled today, so I guess I take my stuff to Kallvik and after that to Vuosaari hill. 

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti