5. huhtikuuta 2020

Evening in Kallvik and quick visit to Vanhankaupunginlahti 4.4-5.4.2020

Yesterday evening we had nice short visit to Kallvik, in Vuosaari with my family. Kids were playing and I checked the sea for some new ticks for the year.
I had couple of nice birds including Adult Lesser Black-backed Gull, pair of Red-breasted Mergansers, Rock Pipit and some Common Eiders.
Pipit was a real surprise and I was lucky to stand in a right spot when I heard it calling.
Few pictures from Kallvik here.

Lesser Black-backed Gull.

Black-headed Gull.

Black-headed Gull.

Vilma found something from the sand. 
Sanni found this cool Saduria Entomon from the beach. 


Today I had nice two hours in Vanhankaupunginlahti. First I stopped at Purolahti tower and from there I had male Pochard, pair of northern Shovelers, loads of Eurasian Teals, lone male Eurasian Wigeon and tens of Grey Herons. Bay was partially frozen and birds were quite far away.
From Purolahti I went to Keinumäki tower and there is spent almost an hour. I found lone White Wagtail near the tower, two Eurasian Oyster catchers, two Common Snipes, tens of Grey Herons and nice movement of Siskins are something worth to mention.

Flock of Grey Herons from Keinumäki tower.

View from Keinumäki.

Goldfinch. 

Male Siskin.

Distant photo of White Wagtail. 

Loads of new species to my year list in two days. Now I´m over 100 and heading to next hundred maybe in few months.
Next week we are going to Hanko with my Uncle Jände, so at least one day with birds coming. If the weather continues how it should we are expecting a huge migration in few days, but let´s see what is going to happen.

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti