18. huhtikuuta 2020

Ring Ouzel and Pallid Harrier. 18.4.2020

This was a long day. My wife was at work whole day and when she came back home I was exhausted, tired and a bit cranky cause kids were just running around the house and I had all day watched the alarm messages of rare birds around Finland. Nothing really rare today, but some nice going with Pallid Harriers etc..
Anyway I went to Haltiala to twitch a long staying Ring Ouzel. I just arrived when I noticed my old friend Frans Silvenius and after I parked my car we started to search the bird.
Took me about one minute to find it, but a bit shame cause bird was sitting in high grass quite far a way. It was easy to identify but taking any photos was different..
The bird stayed in same spot the whole time we were there and it was quite boring to watch. I found a flock of 26 Common Cranes migrating quite far a way, but nothing else interesting. Skylarks were singing and some Linnets, Starlings and Fieldfares in the field with the Ouzel.

Male Ring Ouzel.

Always nice to see this species. 

Soon I headed back home and went to have some groceries. Later I noticed an alarm of Pallid Harrier male from Vanhankaupunginlahti and this time it was heading quite nicely towards my house. I went upstairs and started to look the sky. Soon I saw an Harrier which was flying so, how you say it? Pallid Harrier like. Even with my binoculars I saw the wingtip that it was totally black but had some kind of thinner black area. Bird it self looked like white. Soon it disappeared behind the buildings and I never saw it again. Very nice tick from home, i´d like to say.
Tomorrow I will have evening watch at Vanhankaupunginlahti, so more birding tomorrow and I bet I will post something about that too.

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti